Directors Meeting: 08/08/2016

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB LTD

Minutes of the Directors Meeting: Monday 08 August 2016, 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room

Present: Marc Bryant, Adrian Cload, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart, Jim Wheeler [5]
In Attendance: Ken Lucas (Minutes)

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815

1 Apologies for Absence: JH, Mason Woodhams

2 Minutes of the Meeting of 18 July 2016 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda.
3.1 Proposal: ‘Members to be allowed to take trophies home’ – amended: ‘Members of 5 years or more.’
Vote: 3 for, 1 against. Carried.

4 Library – MB reported – still chasing non-returned books.

5 Chairman’s matters
5.1 Match Sets – 4 purchased, £417 total, +2 already in the Club – put away for Matches only.
5.2 Weekend Tournament : <150, 24/25 September, 7 possible entries already. 5.3 New chairs – on-going, possibly 5 needed. 5.4 Framing of pictures : more done, more to do. 5.5 Curtains rehanging – still to do. 5.6 Sale of old mags on E-bay – still to do. 5.7 Remove and repair of sign – to be done. 6 Secretary’s report and correspondence : MB reported no correspondence. 7 Treasurer’s report and financial 7.1 Membership renewals : waiting on 2 members to complete their subscription, if not paid by 01 September 2016 will cease to be members. 7.2 Budget : next years Budget sheet distributed. 8 Premises officer’s report – none. 8.1 MB advised growth in outside conservatory window – agreed MB to do as cheap as possible. 9 Website : nothing 10 Junior chess : no report. 10.1 Suggestion for new curtains – next Agenda 11 Tournament controller : MB advised all up and running, 10 mins Tournament to start soon. Notice for entries for the Winter Tournaments will go up in September. 11.1 AC agreed to grade the Rapid Games. 12 Captains – nothing. 13 Membership 13.1 New Members : Arkady Kovalevsky (Full Member) – agreed V Kozemjaks (Full Member) – agreed 14 Time/date next meeting : Monday 19 September 2016, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House. 15 Any other business : 15.1 Arjan <10 British Champion. MB to write to congratulate obo Club. 15.2 AGM nominations: Chair MB, Mins KL, Juniors MW, Web MW, Treasurer JW. 15.3 MB proposed £20 donation towards the cost of the Bank Holiday 29 August Rapid Play – agreed. The Meeting closed at 1854.