Directors Meeting: 12/03/2018

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB LTD

MINUTES of  Directors Meeting, Monday 12th March 18.13  R. Almond Rm, Pelton House

Present: MBryant, ACload, PKelly, KLucas, LSteuart, JWheeler [6]

1 Apologies for Absence: AH

2 Minutes of the meeting Monday 12th Feb 2018 – signed by Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the Agenda: none

4 Chairman’s Matters
4.1 Framing of pictures: on-going
4.2 Dordrecht’: 21 coming 05 May, having Hotel booking problems, MB to organise buffet and trophy.
4.3 Club cleaning: MB reports upstairs flat 1/2 weeks.

5 Secs’ Reports and Correspondence
JW – nothing
KL – nothing

6 Treasurer Report on financial
6.1 Member renewals: 2 to complete payment
6.2 Budget: nothing new
6.3 Chess magazine subscription paid for next 3 years.

7 Premises Officers Report
7.1 up stairs flat: MB reports rubbish outside awaiting new occupier decision over old furniture before clearance (see 4.1).
7.2 out side sign: to be done
7.3 house keeper: Notice asking Club Members (to 18 March).
The Committee decided to appoint a Sub-Committee to make the decisions as some members of the Committee have an interest.
Sub-Committee: ACload, JWheeler, SBlewitt, BCafferty (if agrees).

8 Website: on-going, PK tel. no. corrected

9 Junior chess: continuing

10 Tournament Controllers Report: all fine

11 Captains Report
11.1 Mid-Sussex – see Website
11.2 Kent – see Website

12 New members
Hollis Graham (Student Member) – agreed.

13 Library: nothing

14 Time/date next meeting :
Monday 23 April 2018, 1815, RA Rm, PH

15 Any other business
15.1 PK – upstairs flat toilet needs replacing – ref to Sub-Com.
15.2 PK – ” gas fires – ref to Sub-Com.
15.3 PK – ” painting – ref to Sub-Com.
15.4 LS – concern re curtains – something to be done.
15.5 MB to send Club Child Protection Policy to AH to assist him in creating similar for another organisation.

Meeting closed 19.05