Directors Meeting: 17/08/2015

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB LTD

Minutes of the Directors’ Meeting: Monday 17 August 2015 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room

Present: Marc Bryant, Bill Penfold, Con Power, Lona Steuart [4]

In Attendance: Paul Buswell (acting Secretary), Ken Lucas (Minutes)

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815

1 Apologies for Absence: Jeremy Hudson, Jim Wheeler

2 Minutes of the Meeting of Monday 27 July 2015 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda – none

4 Chairman’s matters
4.1 BCMS – 2 purchased.
4.2 Gas meter – purchased £35, to be installed.
4.3 Cherry-picker – £80/hour. Committee agreed to proceed. PB asked about ‘licence’ – MB to discuss with operator.
4.4 E Grimstead £150 donation – MB to check with JW thanks sent.

5 Web Site
5.1 Access to Web Site – as last meeting.

6 Secretary’s report and correspondence – PB
6.1 Auditing accounts – no member having requested an audit the accounts will be examined. MB to check with JW.
6.2 Bethune – one has dropped out.
6.3 Pelton House documents – two documents considered worth keeping, rest to be shredded by MB.
6.4 Committee’s proposals – none.
6.5 Committee’s nominations – none.

7 Treasurer’s report and financial – JW absent

8 Premises officer’s report – PK absent
8.1 Seals for fire door
8.2 Back wall

9 Junior chess – PK absent

10 Tournament controller
10.1 Summer tournaments – MB (RN) ‘up and running’.
10.2 Grading – no response to Email.

11 Weekend tournament – similar to before, 160 and under grading limit, last weekend October. Committee agreed to go ahead.

12 Membership
12.1 none
12.2 Membership lists required/requested – CP to send.

13 Time/date next meeting : Monday 14 September 2015, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House

14 Any other business
14.1 PB ‘Rapid-Play’ Monday 31 August.
14.2 CP Hastings Week Tournament, 12 October, for casual players. PB opportunity to promote Club. CP to Email members.
14.3 Kent Chess AGM 06 September.
14.4 Friendly match v Wanstead ? MB to investigate.

MB thanked the retiring Committee/Officers for their efforts and hard work.

The Meeting closed at 1835