Directors Meeting: 19/06/2017

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB LTD

Minutes of the Directors Meeting:  Monday 19 June 2017
Present:  Marc Bryant, Adrian Cload, Paul Kelly, Ken Lucas, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart, Jim Wheeler [7]

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1810 (all expected present).

1 Apologies for Absence:  Jeremy Hudson

2 Minutes of the Meeting of Monday 08/05/17 (previously circulated), signed
by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda:
3.1 Pens – MB reported bought, on sale £2 to members, available special gifts.

4 Chairman’s matters
4.1 Bethune – PB has been in contact, 23/24 September, need someone
to take the lead?  MB to ask JH/JS otherwise PK £150.
4.2 Sale of old mags on E-bay – nothing new to report.
4.3 Framing of pictures – 2 more up, 2 more to do.
4.4 Curtains rehanging – still to do.
4,5 Water – meter now working. Basement Flat – water to be included in rent from 01/07/17.  MB Email to follow with additional details.
4.6 6th weekender – details on Website, final accounts to do.
4.7 7th weekender – 24/25 June 2017 for <175 – 15 entries so far.
MB advises last one due to work commitments.

5. Library – outstanding books to be ‘chased up’.

6. Sec’s reports and correspondence – DH has moved away.
6.1 Company Secretary – nothing to report.

7. Treasurer report on financial
7.1 Membership renewals – 2 members not yet completed subscription payments. No further instalment payments for very late payers.
7.2 Budget – nothing further.

8. Premises officer’s report
8.1 Repair of sign – AC reports signs bought (£145+vat/sign), awaiting fixing.
8.2 Top flat window – possible storm damage being considered, to do.
8.3 Water leak ladies toilets – wet behind the tank, water coming through light fitting – AC reports plumber advises needs replacing. AC to obtain 3 quotes – agreed.

9. Website – nothing.

10. Junior chess – on-going.

11. Tournament controllers –
Summer Tournaments up and running, 8 in each section, complete by September.
Winter Tournaments – lists to be taken down in July.

12. Captains
12.1 Kent – see Website
12.2 Sussex – see Website

13. Membership
13.1 New Members – none.

14. Updating Library –  as last Meeting.

15. Time/date next meeting:
Monday 07 August 2017, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House

16. Any other business
16.1 AGM (Sunday 03 September 2017, 1400) Written Reports in by 06 August 2017. Notification to go out shortly.
16.2 ECF filing cabinet acquired for storage of important Club documents.

Meeting closed 19.00