Directors Meeting: 24/10/2016

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB LTD

Minutes of the Directors Meeting: Monday 24 October 2016, 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room
Present: Marc Bryant, Adrian Cload, Ken Lucas, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart, Mason Woodhams [6]
Member: Derek Cosens

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815

1 Apologies for Absence: Jeremy Hudson, Jim Wheeler

2 Minutes of the Meeting of 19 September 2016 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda – none.

4 Chairman’s matters
4.1 Weekend Tournament – success despite loss £60, won by Adrian Cload. Next : Open May/June 2017 –
agreed.
4.2 New Chairs – still to do.
4.3 Framing of pictures – on-going.
4.4 Curtains rehanging – still to do.
4.5 Sale of old mags on E-bay – still to do.
4.6 Directors and Trustees – DH, AC, KL – forms returned.
4.7 Library – more chasing to do.
4.8 Bethune – PB will send letter in 2017.

5 Sec’s reports and correspondence – none.

6 Treasurer report on financial – none.

7 Premises officer’s report
7.1 Remove and repair of sign – sign down but in poor condition. Several suggestions. Agreed AC to investigate replacement with something similar.
7.2 Fire extinguishers checking/servicing – done.
fire alarm check and authorised shut-off – agreed to rely on smoke alarm.
7.3 Gas fires need checking/servicing – some done, rest to complete Friday 12.30.
7.4 Top flat window part missing – in hand.

8 Website – hosting to renew.

9 Junior chess – dramatic increase to 26 ! 2nd Tutor required. MB to take on the ‘junior’ section – same conditions, LS to arrange usual checks. Vote: unanimous. MW apply for Spark grant – agreed.

10 Tournament controller – Winter Tournaments up-and-running.

11 Captains
11.1 McArthur Cup – advised rules now tightened-up. Agreed not to enter this year unless a match captain is found.
11.2 Kent League fixture meeting – attended by MB/AC.
Results – see Website.

12 Membership
12.1 New Members :
Hollis Graham, student member (£20). Vote: unanimous.

13 Time/date next meeting:
Monday 28 November 2016, 18.15, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House.

14 Any other business – none.

The meeting closed at 1903