Directors Meeting: Monday 09 May 2016

Minutes of the Directors Meeting: Monday 09 May 2016, 1815,

 
Minutes of the Directors Meeting:  Monday 09 May 2016, 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room
 
Present:  Marc Bryant, Paul Kelly, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart, Jim Wheeler, Mason Woodhams [6]
 
In Attendance: Ken Lucas (Minutes)
 
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815
 
1 Apologies for Absence: Adrian Cload, Jeremy Hudson
 
2 Minutes of the Meeting of 11 April 2016 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.
 
3 Matters arising not already on the agenda –
The Chairman advised the Committee of the very sad death of Con Power, read out the Email sent to all
members, the funeral at St Mary Star of the Sea, 1200, Wednesday 11 May 2016.
A minutes silence was observed.  He will be missed by us all.
 
4 Library – MB advises ‘still on-going’.
     
5 Chairman’s matters
5.1 Replicas : MB advised Championship, Pelton, Rush done and presented.  Awaiting Summer Tournament results.
5.2 Weekend Tournament : 14 entered, possible slight profit, 1st M Cutmore, Paul Kelly joint 2nd.  Intends to repeat
in 8/9 weeks but <175 this time – agreed. 5.3 Framing of pictures : more done, more to be done   6 Secretary’s report and correspondence : PK nothing to report   7 Treasurer’s report and financial 7.1 Membership renewals : JW advised waiting on 4/5 members to complete their subscription 7.2 Budget : new sheet distributed and discussed JW advised in touch with Inland Revenue who advise no Corporation Tax required, and Rate Relief from HBC. MB expressed the very grateful thanks of the Club to JW, saving the Club considerable expense.   8 Premises officer’s report 8.1 Back wall : PK reports done. 8.2 Council landlord registration : PK advised forms sent and acknowledged 8.3 Curtains rehanging : PK will do during break. 8.4 LS reported a water drip through the light fitting in ladies toilet – PK to investigate. 8.5 BP asked about the back drain – PK advised cleared and had reminded tenant to check regularly. 8.6 Club Sign – bits falling off : BP suggested it was checked and repainted, PK advised nothing needed doing, JW suggested it was should look smart. MW suggested a design competition for a new sign. LS suggested a new lit sign. MB suggested investigation first. Break 1009-1919 MW proposed replace with a new sign.  V 2 for / 3 against. JW proposed  refurbish.  V 2 for /1 against/ 2 abstentions.  PK to investigate. 8.7 PK suggested front needs painting as back has been done – much discussion on safety and need for scaffolding if PK to do.  PK to investigate. 8.8 Front door colour : Green V 2 for/3 against.  Black V 1 for/2 against.  Red V 2 for/1 against.   9 Website : MW advised ‘still to do.’   10 Junior chess : MW advised attendance holding at 10-12, Delaney challenge completed, 3 to Mega stage, 2 progressing to Giga stage.  MB reminded that all claims should be with JW before end June.   11 Tournament controller : MB advised Winter Tournament completed, Summer Tournament ‘sign up’ sheet up.   12 Captains 12.1 Mid Sussex league : completed.  1st T came 5th, 2nd T nearly promoted, 3rd T possible relegation escape, 4th T relegated. 12.2 Kent League : 1st T lost in Semi-Final. 12.3 McArthur Cup : Horsham beat Brighton.  Final Hastings v Horsham (to be arranged).   13 Membership 13.1 New Members : B Ruane (FM) – agreed, unanimous. R Webb (FM) – agreed, unanimous. MB will take over ‘Membership’ until further notice.   14 Time/date next meeting : Monday 20 June 2016, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House.   15 Any other business : MW advised the property in Robertson Street is again up for sale (information only), LS asked about air fans – next Agenda. The Meeting closed at 2008.  

Est. 1882