Directors Meeting: Monday 18th July 2016

minutes of the Directors Meeting: Monday 18th July 2016

Pelton House, Richard Almond Room
Present:  Marc Bryant, Adrian Cload, Lona Steuart, Mason Woodhams [4]
In Attendance: Ken Lucas (Minutes)

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815

1 Apologies for Absence:  JH, James Wheeler, Bill Penfold

2 Minutes of the Meeting of 20 June 2016 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda – none

4 Library – MB reported new system up and running, still chasing non-returned books.

5 Chairman’s matters
5.1 Match Sets – JW to investigate whilst in London.
5.2 Weekend Tournament : Last – <175, £57 profit.  Next – <150, 24/25 September.  MW expressed Clubs thanks to
MB/JH.
5.3 Framing of pictures : more done, more to be done.  A further £40 agreed.
5.4 Curtains rehanging – still to do.
5.5 Sale of old mags on E-bay – still to do.
5.6 Remove and repair of sign – to be done.
5.7 Air conditioning – Tower Fan purchased and working – waiting for member response.

6 Secretary’s report and correspondence : MB reported no correspondence.

7 Treasurer’s report and financial
7.1 Membership renewals : waiting on 3 members to complete their subscription.
7.2 Budget : nothing.
7.3 Possible fee for non club members – MB proposed £20pa for Wednesday afternoons only, to start Sept 2017
– agreed.

8 Premises officer’s report – nothing

9 Website : nothing

10 Junior chess : MW reports – steady increase in numbers (13), 2 into the Giga Final, gave a simul during Junior
Club Meeting, suggestion for new curtains.

11 Tournament controller : MB advised 17 in 30 mins Tournament with 13 months to complete, 10 mins Tournament
also starting soon.

Break 1900-1910

12 Captains
12.1 McArthur Cup: BC AGM report read out, BC standing down, Proposed do not enter – Vote 2 for 1 against.
12.2 Kent League fixture meeting September 21.
12.3 Cups to be taken home when presented – next Agenda

13 Membership
13.1 New Members : Samuel Osmond, Junior Member, agreed
Andrew Osmond, Full Member, agreed
William Stott, Full Member, agreed
No subscription to be paid until after AGM.

14 Time/date next meeting : Monday 08 August 2016, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House.

15 Any other business :
15.1 LS advised potential new member coming tomorrow.
15.2 MW has a large TV to donate – AGM
15.3 MW suggest consider moving – after considerable discussion and opposition MW to consider putting to AGM.
15.4 MB suggested purchasing new chairs to replace broken ones – agreed.

The Meeting closed at 2020

Est. 1882