Directors Meeting:  Monday 20 February 2017

Minutes of the Directors Meeting:  Monday 20 February 2017
Present:  Marc Bryant, Derek Harvey, Paul Kelly, Ken Lucas, Lona Steuart, Jim Wheeler [6]
 
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815 and adjourned for 10 mins as not a quorum.
 
1 Apologies for Absence:  Adrian Cload
 
2 Minutes of the Meeting of Monday 16/01/17  (previously circulated), KL read out the confidential minute – accepted,
     signed by the Chairman.
 
3 Matters arising not already on the agenda :
   3.1 JW reported the funeral of John Driver attended by several Club members.
 
4 Chairman’s matters
   4.1 Bethune – Letter prepared to be sent, 23/24 September 2017, agreed to send.
            Bethune organiser required – next Agenda
   4.2 Sale of old mags on E-bay – in-hand.
   4.3 Framing of pictures – in-hand.
   4.4 Curtains rehanging – in-hand.
   4.5 Library – in-hand, JW has donated 3 books on the English Opening.
   4.6 Photocopier/scanning printer to be purchased for Library – unable to find a
            scanner/printer that the computer could operate.  PK offered one if computer would operate.
 
5 Sec’s reports and correspondence
   5.1 Company Secretary – PB has advised will not continue after AGM.  JW has agreed
            to take over at that time. 
 
6 Treasurer report on financial
   6.1 Membership renewals – JW listed several members not paid and discussed.
   6.2 Budget – JW distributed new sheet and guided through.
 
7 Premises officer’s report
   7.1 Repair of sign – new section as Email quote if compatible with ‘CLUB’ sign – agreed.
   7.2 Top flat window – expensive quotes requiring scaffolding.  PK to investigate alternatives.
   7.3 Water – and electricity/gas in basement flat.  MB advised considerable ‘difficulties’ with
            utility companies, closure of accounts, credit/debit reconciliation, etc. taking up
            considerable time/effort but getting there.  MB to investigate Water Meter possibility. 
   7.4 Downstairs flat – PK moving in 01/03/17.
 
                                                                          Break 1906-1916
 
8 Website – no report.  MB advised MW has resigned from the Committee.
 
9 Junior chess – no report.
 
10 Tournament controllers – MB advises all running well.
 
11 Captains
    11.1 Kent – see WebSite.
    11.2 Sussex – see WebSite.
 
12 Membership
    12.1 New Members – R Smolski, FM – agreed.
 
13 Updating  Library – Agenda after end of financial year.
 
14 Time/date next meeting –
                  Monday 27 March 2017, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House.
 
15 Any other business
     15.1 PK request to donate sets to local public house – 2 sets.  Vote: 4for, 1abstention.
     15.2 Simul in Priory Centre – DH/MW to organise, Late May Bank Holiday, Budget £80.
     15.3 Easter Rapid Play – £20 to PB for prizes – agreed.  Donation £32 from PB.
     15.4 Pen Offer – 100 for £54 – agreed.
                                                                                                           Meeting closed 1936

Est. 1882