Directors Meeting:  Monday 28 November 2016

HASTINGS & ST LEONARDS CHESS CLUB

Minutes of the Directors Meeting:  Monday 28 November 2016, 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room
Present:  Marc Bryant, Adrian Cload, Derek Harvey, Jeremy Hudson, Ken Lucas, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart,  [7]
Member: Paul Kelly

The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815

1 Apologies for Absence:  Jim Wheeler, Mason Woodhams

2 Minutes of the Meeting of 24 October 2016 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.

3 Matters arising not already on the agenda – none.

4 Chairman’s matters
4.1 New Chairs – 6 purchased for £45.
4.2 Sale of old mags on E-bay – now available, ten years in yearly bundles – no purchases yet.
4.3 Framing of pictures – two frames purchased and ‘to do’.
4.4 Curtains rehanging – still to do.
4.5 Library – still on-going.
4.6 Con Power – as agreed flowers arranged to be delivered to widow for Christmas.
4.7 Chairman’s telephone bill – came to £21 last month for Club work.  New system now set up for unlimited
at £9/month – agreed.

5 Sec’s reports and correspondence – DH nothing to report.

6 Treasurer report on financial – JW not present.
6.1 Membership renewals – MB advised ‘on-going’.
6.2 Budget – no change.

7 Premises officer’s report
7.1 Repair of sign – AC reports ‘still to do’.
7.2 Top flat window – AC reports ‘storm damage’ £121+vat, no claim as no documentation found re fitting.
7.3 Gas fires checking/servicing – AC advises all now done.
7.4 Downstairs flat –
Email from Nigel Harvey to advise that due to health issue needs to give notice.  Chairman replied that
notice can be flexible.  Further Email advised planning to move out 17/12/16 and family will sort out.
Email from NH’s sister to advise NH in St Michaels – replied flexible notice.  Committee authorised
refurbishment costs up to £2000 before re-renting, and notice to advise possibility of renting – any
interest to advise Chairman.
7.5 Front door – AC waiting on a quote.

8 Website – MW not present.  (Email received after meeting and sent to Committee)
8.1 Renew of website – not known.

9 Junior chess
9.1  CRB checks – LS ‘in-hand’.

10 Tournament controllers – MB advised Winter Tournaments up and running.

11 Captains
11.1 Kent – see Website
11.2 Sussex – see Website

12 Membership
12.1 New Members – MR B.Lalic

13 Time/date next meeting: Monday 16 January 2017, 1815, Richard Almond Room. Pelton House.

14 Bethune – PB letter prepared (read out by MB) to be sent in new year.

15 Any other business
15.1 Roy’s Honorarium – agreed as previous year.
15.2 Mr Paul Kelly – KL took the Chair.
Break 2110-2120
PK/MB issues resolved.  PK to re-join Committee ? – next Agenda.
15.3 Club Christmas Function – MB to approach PB to arrange a fun QP – agreed.
15.4 AC advised ‘damaged panes’.
15.5 Gents toilet needs cleaning – MB to advise housekeeper.
The Meeting closed at 2154.

Est. 1882