Monday 23 November 2015

Minutes of the Directors’ Meeting: Monday 23 November 2015, 1815, Pelton House, Richard Almond Room
 
Present:  Marc Bryant, JH, Paul Kelly, Bill Penfold, Lona Steuart, Jim Wheeler, Mason Woodhams [6]
In Attendance: Ken Lucas (Minutes)
The Chairman opened the Meeting at 1815
1 Apologies for Absence: none
2 Minutes of the Meeting of Monday 19 October 2015 (previously circulated) – accepted, signed by the Chairman.
3 Matters arising not already on the agenda: none
4 Battle of Hastings Books to be sold via Hastings Tourist Information Centre: Aquila House.  MW has arranged sale or return, 30% commission.
5 Chairman’s matters
5.1 Company Directors: MB advised LS still to sign, GW to be followed-up.
5.2 Replicas: MB in process of sorting.
5.3 Weekend Tournament: MB advised the last made a loss of £47.10, next 7/8 May 2016.
5.4 Council landlord registration: MB advised that as a Charity need to register but not pay.  There are some
conditions – passed to PK.
5.5 Pelton House documents: MB still to collect from PB.
6 Secretary’s report and correspondence: PK advised ‘nothing of note’.
7 Treasurer’s report and financial
7.1 membership renewals: MB advised most have renewed, reminders sent by Email to those not yet renewed.
Not renewing: RW, PB, NH (health), MS (changes in Congress discounts).
7.2 junior chess fund: JW confirms monies received (£1337.36 advised by PB Email).
7.3 Budget: JW distributed new sheet – to discuss towards end of meeting.
8 Premises officer’s report
8.1 Back wall: PK advised ‘waiting on good weather’.
8.2 PK -Front Door nut tightened by DC.
8.3 Door seals – PK ‘waiting on someone to do at an acceptable price’.
9 Website: MW reports – being updated and pictures added. JH to make some adjustments. Domain fees paid. 30 hits/day.
10 Junior chess
10.1 Junior Club – GW – none.
11 Tournament controller
11.1 Tournaments: MB(RN) Summer completed. Winter ‘up and running’.
12 Captains
12.1 Mid Sussex league: 1st-draw with Horsham, 2nd-matches to come, 3rd-beat Horsham4, 4th-lost Brighton3.
12.2 Kent League: RBteam won v Rainham, Stereman lost2,draw1, won1, EnPassant won v Swale, Maidstone, lost v
Tunbridge Wells, Harvey lost v Weald of Kent.
Break 1845-1856
13 Membership
13.1 New Members  CP – none
MB – Alfredo Luaces     V-not contested.
14 Library: MB advised 40 books overdue.  After much discussion it was agreed MB would request members
showing as having an overdue book to check/return/advise MB.
MW donated a DVD player.
15 Time/date next meeting: Monday 18 January 2016, 1815, Richard Almond Room, Pelton House
16  Any other business
16.1 Framing of pictures: MW still to measure.
16.2 MW donated a childs chess set to the Club.
16.3 Christmas Party: PK/JH to organise.  JH food – budget £75+£3/head(£1.50 Juniors). Sunday 20 December 1300
16.4 MW has GM photos to display – agreed.
16.5 MW will put free software from Microsoft on Club Computer (also advised TTexchange gives other companies).
16.6 MW attended ‘Lets do business’ – info leaflets collected.
16.7 MB advised £50 anonymous donation to the Club.
16.8 McArthur Cup – do we enter ? – advisory V no1 yes3.  Decision with BC – agreed.
16.9 MW asked if the Club should put on an event during the HICC.  PK will organise an Open Evening.
 
The Meeting closed at 1936
 
Post navigation
Previous Post
Previous Post
Next Post
Quote

Est. 1882